Click to read about our Campaign to raise funds for construction of the Eye Care Center of Excellence in Tema, Ghana. As of November 2016, HIOTWM has plans to raise funds to build and staff an “Eye Care Center of Excellence” at the Narh-Bita Hospital in Tema, Ghana, West Africa.
The purpose of this project is to improve the quality of life for Ghanaians (and other Africans across West Africa) by reducing blindness and other eye specific diseases and conditions. Most, if not all of these types of eye conditions are easily treatable in the United States and it is our goal to provide top-notch quality eye care using a full-time Ghanaian Ophthalmologist and a Ghanaian Optometrist supplemented by volunteer MDs and ODs from the United States in rendering care.
1. Ultimately, it is our goal to maintain this Center of Excellence where local ophthalmologists, optometrists, ophthalmic nurses, technicians and surgical techs can work together to improve the eye care available to the people in Ghana and West Africa.
2. Our vision is to one day expand beyond Ghana into other African countries to be a resource for other Africans in receiving quality eye care assistance.
3. The initial funding capital required for this project includes the following:
a. Building : Architectural drawings, planning, permitting, site preparation and foundation pouring:
b. Phase two of building: electrical, plumbing, exterior and interior finish work:
c. Equipment purchase, shipping, installation:(excludes donated equipment and its shipping)
d. Start-up operational expenses: (includes marketing, supplies and initial hiring of nursing and administrative personnel)
4. Project Development Components
a. Eye Clinic: two exam lanes, two testing rooms, one laser treatment room, storage, 2 bathrooms. b. Surgical Suite: two operating rooms, one sterile prep room, one soiled equipment room, one pre op/ post op room, one waiting area, one staff office, one staff washroom and two bathrooms.
5. Current Team
a. Help Is On The Way Ministries – USA
b. Narh-Bita Hospital – Tema, Ghana
c. Help Is On The Way Ministries – Ghana
6. Planned Fundraising Activities – Three Phases
a. December 2016 – February 2017: $70,000 for initial ground preparation and foundation
b. March 2017- groundbreaking and fundraising for second phase: $280,000
c. March 2018 – Equipment purchase, shipping, installation:(excludes donated equipment and its shipping). Construction completion and fundraising for start-up expenses: $150,000
GRAND TOTAL: $ 500,000